1. Any person under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
2. As the main hirer, you will be responsible for all the equipment used by members of our group.
3. The maximum age of a chid riding in a ‘jump seat’ will be 5yrs.
4. Hirers will be restricted to Kayaking within a designated area, details of this area will be issued to hirers on the day of hire.
5. Full payment of hire charges must be paid at time of booking
6. A security deposit of £100 (refundable) must be paid per kayak on the day of hire and must be supported with photo ID in the form of a current passport or photo driving licence where a copy will be taken and retained by Yachtmail Co. Ltd. Yachtmail reserve the right to compensate themselves for any loss or unnecessary damage to kayaks or equipment before refunding any security deposits.
7. All participants must wear a correctly fitted buoyancy aid at all times whilst kayaking.
8. Participants should be aware that kayaking can be dangerous. Hazards include (but not limited to); drowning, hypothermia, repetitive strain injury, slips, trips, falls, muscular injuries from paddling or moving equipment. All participants accept exposure the above mentioned hazards and do not hold Yachtmail Co. Ltd responsible for injuries obtained from kayaking.
9. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that they wear suitable clothing and sun cream where appropriate and that they are fit enough to participate.
10. People with existing injuries should not participate.
11. Yachtmail accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings incurred whilst hiring any of their kayaks.
12. Yachtmail will provide a dry bag on request of a hirer to contain personal belongings. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that it is fastened shut correctly and in conjunction with the supplied instructions.
13. Hirers must conduct their kayaking activities in a safe and considerate manner. Lymington River can be busy at times with other larger powered or sailing vessels including the Isle of Wight ferries. Hirers are reminded that they do not need to paddle in the main shipping channel but can explore the edges of the river out of the way of other vessels.
14. Yachtmail Co. Ltd holds a valid Public Liability Insurance policy to cover participants whilst hiring their kayaks, this policy will NOT cover injuries caused or inflicted by another participant.
15. Any person who appears to be under the influence of Alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to hire a kayak and will not be eligible to a refund.
16. The hirer agrees to pay for any lost or damaged equipment
17. Kayaks are booked out for hire for set periods each day, it is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that they arrive punctually at the start of their hire period and that the kayaks are returned on or before the end time of the hire period, failure to do will result in additional hire charges being made.
18. Yachtmail reserve the right to cancel hire of their kayaks if they perceive weather conditions to be unsuitable for kayaking. In these instances the hirer will be offered to rebook for an alternative time or be issued with a full refund.
19. DISCLAIMER. We will not be liable for any death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to goods arising out of the hire of any items by them unless that death, personal injury or loss of, or damage to the goods arises directly from an act of omission on the part of the company, its servant or agent.
20. Yachtmail reserves the right to amend or change these terms and conditions at any time.
21. Any cancellations made 48hrs before a booking will be eligible to a full refund, 24hrs before a 50% refund will be given less than 24hrs before no refund will be offered.
We reserve the right to terminate the hire without a refund if any of the conditions of this agreement are breached.
*Kayak Hire Lymington is a trading name of Yachtmail Co. Ltd